The day before we filmed our media video we transported all of our props and set to the media room to save time. We collected about 80-100 props/ objects to film and designed the media studio with a large oak wooden table, dark wood cabinet and antique Persian rug. On the day we filmed I woke up and didn't feel nervous or worried about filming because I had planned a long list all of the shots we wanted before hand and knew that I would be in charge of most of the filming. Before we started filming, Matt showed us some example shots of very few props in order to prepare us to use the 'Macro-lens'. We filmed in the media studio, which workers well as the black curtains could be pulled 360* around our set to block any unwanted lighting or background images. The Macro-lens also worked well in the media studio as it proved very shallow focuses, blurring anything in the background such as shelves or equipment. This also helped us create the basement styled location as the blurred equipment added detail and looked like more items the character had collected. Using the media studio was an ideal location for us as it gave us plenty of room to use all of our large props as well as space to manoeuvre the camera and florescent light. On the shoot day we divided our group into 3 roles. Florence and Emily helped set up and unpack the props between filming and record sound. Zoe documented our day by taking photos and also helped me with the lighting by changing the angle of the light and moving it during shots. Zoe also helped Florence and Emily when recording sound. I was in charge of the camera and filming shots. I also helped our actor (Doug) by giving him instructions on what to do and marks on set such as where to walk/ stand. Although these were our main individual roles, we all participated in different areas of production. On my shoot day I feel like I made a great effort to direct my group and the actor as well as setting up the camera for good angles and shots. The main problem we faced on our shoot day was over complicating shots with too many props or being too indecisive when creating a shot. We solved this by using a maximum of about 4 props in each shot and using the shot list I created earlier to film the important shots e.g. ones featuring Doug. The most successful part of the shoot was capturing the light when gliding it move props to create a light to dark theme and add a creepy tension during the shoot. However, I believe the parts where we filmed Doug blow out the candle could have gone better as the candles kept going out and we settled for footage that we will have to edit out bloopers. The part of the shoot I enjoyed most was directing Doug using props on the desk and in the drawers. I enjoyed this most because I felt best appointed to be directing the scene and could visualise the shot. I am looking forward to seeing the props emerge from darkness and fade into black during the edit as the movement of the lighting is one of the best aspects of our opening sequence. As a production team I feel that my group achieved all of our goals and most desired shots. However, I do believe that Me and Emily did a majority of the work leading up to and on the day we filmed. During the media shoot I learned how to direct crew and use different camera lenses during specific shots. These skills will help me when recording our next media video as I will have a better perspective of shots and how to schedule the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment